In every business transaction, someone is taking the financial and emotional risk.
Good sellers understand the importance of having the client “feel certain and protected” and therefore turn the risk on themselves, in some cases, even better than a money-back guarantee.
Here are some excellent examples:
- The Puppy Dog Close – Try it for free for 30 days and then start paying.
- Money-back guarantee
- Double your money-back guarantee
- You’ll work with them for no charge until they’re satisfied
- If I don’t sell it in 90 days, I’ll buy it (you see it in real estate)
- Offer a bonus they can keep even if they exercise the money-back guarantee
- Offer to donate the amount to their favourite charity if not satisfied
- Offer to buy them the competitor’s product if they’re not satisfied with yours
- When I do seminar events, I have a live mic in the room, and my guarantee is “I guarantee to solve any marketing problem on the spot.”
Define how you’re guaranteeing purchases through risk reversal by enhancing the attractiveness of your product or service and removing the barriers for your client to purchase from you.