Did you know that only 2% of sales close at the first meeting? This leaves a gigantic 98% of sales that require follow up.

Market research indicates that it takes an additional five follow-ups to close 80% of the remaining deals.

So that could be further meetings, virtual meetings, telephone calls, emails, social messages, or a combination of all of them.

I recommend that you have a systematic “5 NO” policy. What I mean by this is that you follow up at least five times.

And if you still don’t succeed, don’t give up. After the 5th follow-up attempt, you should put these prospects into your nurture programme. Maybe add them to an automatic email sequence sent from you for the next couple of weeks. You could send the prospect some useful thought leader content or some relevant articles from your company blog.

Never give up. You have everything to gain.