In today’s fast-changing and competitive environment, excellent customer service is essential for success.
If you want to get customers, keep them, and get them to refer you, then you must follow these 13 proven practices:
1. Reward your customers. Send them a gift, provide them with a lead, generate business for them.
2. Wherever possible, use your customers’ services and buy their products. If you want to increase loyalty, there is no better way.
3. Send thank-you cards. Please make sure they are handwritten and sent promptly. Nobody else in your industry is doing this.
4. Return phone calls promptly. Since so many people don’t return calls, you automatically look good when you do.
5. Do what you say you are going to do. This builds instant trust.
6. Under-promise and over-deliver.
7. Be accessible 24/7. Make sure you are available and willing to help customers whenever there is a problem. Your business should be open to meet the convenience of your customers and not only for your convenience.
8. Be credible. If you can’t establish that trust right away, customers may start to look at your competitors. You must have professional expertise.
9. Do things for the customer’s convenience, not yours. Make it as easy as possible for your customers to do business with you. The more comfortable you can make it for your customer to do business with you, the more business you will have. Make it hassle-free.
10. Be a valuable resource and provide insights. No matter what your customer needs, try to find it for them, even if it has nothing to do with your business.
11. Speak your customers’ language. If you use inside jargon your customers can’t understand, they won’t use you.
12. Treat your employees well. If they are treated poorly, there is a good chance your customers will also get poor service.
13. Communicate, communicate, communicate! You cannot over-communicate with your customers.
Customer service is more than just smile training. It’s about treating people the way they want to be treated. It’s about giving the client what they want when they want it and how they want it.
The success formula is simple:
Clear Communication + Good Human Relations Skills = Strong Customer Relationships